Tuesday, January 15, 2008

5 inches!

So you ask what is 5 inches, its how much I have lost! I began to cut back in Dec but the holidays really did me in. Truth be known I was homesick and missed seeing loved ones at Christmas. Chasen had a good birthday with just daddy and I but I swear if we ever get near family and friends my boys will have the birthday parties all the other kids get to have. These are regrets I have and they are mounting.

But Jan 1st was my get up and do it day. The time is now and I have got to loose the flab. I found out a good weight and how those calories, carbs and fat counts should be on a daily basis and I have done it. I only had one night that I splurged on a treat but even then I did not eat it all.

I just now got a scale as I was using a measuring tape. Since Saturday I have lost another pound. I know my scale reads 11 pounds less then the drs did in Dec. But truth be known I dont know since all scales are different. But in the 14 days or so I have lost 2 inches off my hips and 3 off my tummy.

My routine is slow going as I did not want to over do it and become another quiter. I refused to pay money to a company to loose weight. Were saving to move. I did not want to do something like the atkins etc and just limit my whole body of needs. So I am balancing more of my foods. I eat with in my intake allowed. Mostly I do special k for breakfast, a decent low cal lunch, 0 fat yogurts and even some of those tasty Weight Watchers treats you can buy for weeks like this (PMS). Hey a girl has her needs lol. I wanted to do the hard part now and that is teaching myself what to eat and not to eat so when the weight is gone I will be used to it. I do know it will be slow, but I will do it.

I am walking 2 miles a day when the track is open to the public and DH is home for the kids. I am abusing the boxing game on the Wii, that will get your heart pumping and a huge sweat. Im drinking the 8 glasses and moving more inbetween workouts I do at home. No food in front of the tv or after dinner. I will do this!!!

I am going this weekend to buy a few cheap pairs of pants to work out in. I measure and weigh in on Mondays and my fingers are crossed!!!!!

Ok, I just wanted to brag!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Good for you! I also started eating better and trying to work out. I'm saving money though to join weight watchers because I think it will help me. So far I've lost about 4 pounds, which for me is really amazing.