Sunday, September 9, 2007

Goodbye to Summer!



We have had a wonderful summer this year. I regret not keeping up with the blog but we have been really busy with losts of traveling and just being family.
Before school ended we were given the diagnoses for my son that we knew would come. It has been a good 3 to 4 years coming as I knew all along in my heart. We did confirm that he is Autistic. But let me tell you one thing....I would not change my son for anything in the world. He has opened my eyes to the wonderful world of childhood. Sure he has his issues but I can at any given time see what he does through his eyes and that makes me a better person and mother to him.
After school ended we spent a while in SC at my parents. Oh the fun! Carowinds, Chuck E Cheese (better pronouced as Chunks & Cheese by my 4 yr old). We had sprinkler fun and just enjoyed life. Life is too short to debate and worry over the small things. This summer has been a great one for making me whole and to be a child again.
We went to MarineLand a couple of times, we saw lots of family, the zoo! Wow we have just been busy but once again the leaves are changing and here comes fall so it means it is time to settle down. I do love Sept-December as those months have a certain glow and magic to them. No matter the reasons or locations family comes together. Besides sweaters and jeans are much nicer for a crisp night then sweating in the heat.
Alex goes back to school this Thursday. He will be in Senior Kindergarten. Luckily, he will have the same teacher so that clears one more transition for us. Chasen is right on his big brothers heels with the growing.
Too look at me you see 2 kids fairly close in age, but they are really different. At this age Chasen is talking and eating, is pretty healthy....I wonder and feel we may skip the Autism Diagnosis with him as his path of development seems to be different. Time will tell.
I am going to start this blog back up and even try and post some scrapbooking goodies. I hope to rekindle communication among my many peers I have lost over the last few moves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're blogging again! It sounds like a lovely summer...can't wait to see what the schoolyear has in store for sweet little Alex :-)

Briana said...

Oh cool, didn't even notice you had started your blog back up again!