Friday, September 14, 2007

First Day of School



Where has the time gone? Yesterday, Sept 13th, was Alexander's first day of school. He is in Senior Kindergarten this year. Last year in Jr he did well despite a few road blocks and he was ready to go back to see his friends. I snapped this shot when I asked him if he was ready to see Mrs S, he can not say her name! This was the face I got and I was in laughter when I viewed it on the camera - how fitting? He likes her, or he did last year. Same teacher so that helps with the transition.

I woke him up and he knew it was time. We had been counting sleeps till we go back. We are starting off very rocky already as they do not have resources lined up for him yet and they should by now. I am hearing it is not the teacher or the school but more so the district not having a spare EA (Educational Assistant) for him. Funny thing is he had one last year, no problems. Now that they requested one this year and he has a fitting diagnoses and history they can not seem to get one. It has been a major headache already and mama bird is grinding her teeth getting ready for a final blow. He has to have someone, for many reasons including safety.

He is on early release because he has to be handheld and walked to my car. So I am there prior to the buses with a few other special ed moms. We talk, we chat -nothing like when you are in the pile up with the moms with perfect kids when they frown or half ass nod like your or a lower parenting level when your child comes out in a major meltdown.

I wrote on someones blog this morning, who also had a child with needs to not worry so much about them. That were raising Einsteins - did you know he could not even tie his shoes? Watch out world - here comes Alex!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Alex! First day of school is a big deal!

I hope the schools get everything all worked out shortly so that he can get the most out of this school year.

Briana said...

He looks so excited to go! Hope everything gets straightened out with his aide soon!