Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sometimes Simple is Best


Call me crazy but I do like this layout! I am driving myself nuts working on the scrapbook album for Disney. While I am excited we are going to make this a yearly getaway while the kids are small, I am debating just how many photos I make. Dennis bought me a Rebel for our Anniversary this summer. I am still trying to figure out how to do everything it is capable of doing. Surely they could add some more hours to the day? But scrapbooking is what I like to call my Jagged Little Pill. I can have the crappiest of days (which the past week has been crap) and I will go to my room and scrap. Radio turned up, Dennis has the boys or either they are in bed, bottled water and a fattening snack from the candy basket I keep as my sanity treats. Hey, chocolate is a girls best friend, ok well next to a loved hobby. But to me I can go scrapbook and it is like everything else takes a back burner for a while. It is my happy pill in glue and paper form! I have been trying to come up with changing my style around when I scrap and catching up to the latest trends. But I created this layout and I was just happy! Because sometimes Simple really is the Best way to go. If only life were that simple?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to scrapbook, but it kind of goes by the wayside in the summer months when the weather is nice. It doesn't help that I don't have a dedicated space, to every time I want to work on it I have to drag everything out to the kitchen table, and then put it all back away when I'm finished! Between photography (my REAL love) and the boys and a household to run with a never-present spouse, I don't get much scrapping accomplished.

I like this simple layout. It tells the story!

Stacy said...

I'm like Alissa, I love scrapbooking but have no where to do it. I really want to get started again because I have some really cute pics of Layla.

I love the layout. I tend to go for the simpler ones too.